Adding a new currency to the account requires choosing the Currency Code from a list of available currencies and adding the Currency Symbol.
A currency symbol is a graphic symbol used as shorthand for a currency’s name. For example, $ or €. If such a symbol does not exist, users should add the three letter code of the currency according to the ISO 4217 specifications (for example, GBP, MXN, etc.). A Show in Reports checkbox flag denotes whether the Currency added will be available in Reports.
- Businesses that need to report only in their main/base currency should always leave the Show in Report option unchecked.
- Once a currency is defined, no other field except the Currency Symbol can be updated for that currency.
- A currency can be deleted unless it has been used in a document (for example a Sales Order).
- A currency cannot have the same Currency Code or Currency Symbol as an existing currency.
- A currency cannot have the same Currency Code or Currency Symbol as a deleted currency.
- Adding/Deleting/Updating a currency requires administrator access to the account.