In Megaventory, a service is considered any non-physical product that is charged but there is no stock reduction when a sale is made.
Therefore, under the product type of "service", you can track delivery fees, installation costs, labor costs, or even your hourly rates if you are a designer, a lawyer, an engineer or any freelancer whatsoever.
Before starting invoicing your clients, your first step is to add your services as products in Megaventory.
- Log in to your Megaventory account and go to Products. Sign up for an account here.
- Click Add Product.
- In the Product Type, select the option Service.
- Fill out the other fields, including the Default Sales Price if you have a standard cost for this service.
- Hit Insert to add it to your product list.
Pro Tip: If you offer your services for free, you can still include them in the invoice with a zero price.
This can also be handled as follows:
- Create an SKU code for the service you want to add and give it an appropriate name. For example, 99-001, 99-002, 99-003, etc. Here we assume all "service" products will have a 99 prefix. You may need to add it under a "services" product category for easy reference in reports.
- Add a large quantity (say 100000) of this SKU using the Inventory Taking module at zero cost.
- You may include those SKUs (or this SKU) in the Purchase Order of your supplier and in the Sales Order of your clients with an appropriate price at the last row in the product details of the SO/PO. When you invoice against the SO (or when you receive against the PO) the related invoicing document will include all the normal SKUs of the SO/PO including the service in question.
Or login to your account.