With Megaventory your WooCommerce site can be upgraded in the following way:
- You'll be able to show in real-time your products' availability in your WooCommerce frontend based on actual stock levels.
- You can connect more than one warehouses, stores or other types of locations at your disposal and the stock representation in the WooCommerce frontend will be correct.
- Once an order arrives in WooCommerce you'll have the capability to process it properly from verification to shipment to closing in the Megaventory backend ensuring a best-practices approach in running your eshop.
- A lot of the information in one system is automatically synced to the other as necessary saving you significant time you would otherwise be spending making double entries.
- Additional functionality such as bundling, returns, etc is also seamlessly handled.
How the plugin works
The Megaventory Inventory Management extension will create an additional section in your WooCommerce admin panel where you can manage the plugin from. In order to use the Megaventory Inventory Management plugin, it is necessary to enter a few initial settings and perform an initial sync with your Megaventory account (both one-off tasks).
Following a successful sync you will either access Megaventory to fulfill and manage your orders or login to WooCommerce for the usual functionality. In any case, double entry is eliminated and any relevant information which can be synced is transferred in the background by the plugin.
Example use cases
Typical use cases of the Megaventory Inventory Management extension are for WooCommerce eshops which have seen significant growth (many orders per day) and need help in tracking the status of each order and the location of its associated products. Managing physical products is the core usefulness of the Megaventory Inventory Management extension (but services are also supported).
Typical examples of using the plugin are either retail or wholesale businesses handling apparel, electronics, hardware, furniture etc - these are only some of the verticals supported. Businesses needing to track manufacturing are also able to benefit from the production tracking features (which are also applied in scenarios where bundling/kitting products together is necessary).