If the Finished Good was manufactured using Serial Numbers, it is necessary to retrieve the Work Order which this Finished Good was originally made with. This can be done by searching for the particular Serial Number in the main Search (top right) or the search field right above the list of Work Orders.
If Serial Numbers have not been used for that Finished Good, any Work Order that produced this Finished Good can be chosen.
Once a Work Order is known, the process is the following:
- Open up the Work Order and if it is closed, re-open it.
- Refresh the Work Order page.
- Under the Finished Goods tab, click the Bin icon to delete the Finished Good product. Now, the WO will go back in the 'In Process' step.
- Under More, click to Return Components back to inventory.
- Choose the quantity to return back for the associated components.