Megaventory features a production/manufacturing module that can even be used by inexperienced users. Follow these simple steps for manufacturing a Finished Good from its Bill of Materials:
- Enable the Production Module under your Menu > Settings > Account Setup page.
- Navigate to the Users List (you need to be logged-in as administrator and then Admin Panel > Users > Display All). When the page loads, click to edit your own user permissions.
- Once in the User Permissions page, Check the Production Page and click 'More' next to it. Then, check 'Read/Write' to all the Inventory Locations where Production is possible and check to 'Edit Bill of Materials' of Manufactured Products.
Up to this point, the Production module is enabled and you have at least one user (you) that has access to the Production module. To get more users to use the Production module in one or more Inventory Locations, just repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Add a Product (Menu > Products and Services > Add Product) that will act as a material/component that can be added to the Bill of Materials. Fill in the product attributes and choose 'Buy From Supplier'. You may repeat this step to add more products or you can use the Data Import tool to add products using a CSV file (Menu > Data Import).
- Add another Product (Menu > Products and Services > Add Product) that will act as the Finished Good to be manufactured. Fill in the product attributes and choose 'Manufacture from Production Order'. Once you click 'Insert' you will get an option to add/attach a Bill of Materials to this Finished Good (see step 6 below).
- Click to add a Bill of Materials to the Finished Good and fill-in the BoM with the components and the respective quantity (components have been created in step 4 above. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add more Finished Goods in your account and associate Bill of Materials to them
Now, you are ready to start manufacturing!
- Click the New Order option under the Menu > Production menu tab. Fill in the Finished Good SKU (you can click the binoculars icon or start typing in the textbox), choose the Inventory Locations and finally, add the quantity you want to manufacture. Click the Create Production Order button.
- Once the page loads. You have the option to Allocate Components to the Production Order. This will reduce the component quantity in the respective Inventory Location according to the Bill of Materials and the quantity of the Finished Good that is ordered in the Production Order. It literally means: Bring in the quantity of the Components in the bench so I can start manufacturing.
- After the Component Allocation, the Production Order Status becomes 'In Process'. Now, you can Receive Finished Goods. If you receive quantity equal to the Ordered quantity, the Status will become 'Completed'. If not, the status will become 'In-Process & Partially Completed'. Receiving finished Goods means that the quantity of the Finished Good will increase in the respective Inventory Location (the location chosen in step 7 above).
- The Production Order has other options as well. You may Return Components back (eg. for defective elements) or Cancel the Production Order etc. These are self-descriptive actions and help-text is provided in the pop-up windows!
Or login to your account.