Once the products physically arrive in the premises of the company/organization, the user may click the Receive option in the Purchase Order:
That brings up a dialog window where the user may choose the quantities to receive and the receiving document (Goods Inbound -or- Goods Inbound & Purchase Invoice document) that will be created against the Purchase Order:
In case the Quantity to receive is less than the Ordered quantity, the Purchase Order will get a Partially Received -or- Partially Received and Invoiced status. If the Quantity to receive is equal to the Ordered quantity then the Purchase Order will get a Fully Received or Fully Invoiced status.
- The user cannot insert a Quantity to Receive figure that is higher than the Ordered quantity.
- Receiving products against a Purchase Order will increase the quantity of those products in the respective inventory location.
- All the related receiving & invoicing documents (for example a Goods Inbound document) that are issued against the Purchase Order will appear under the Related Documents tab of the Purchase Order.
- A Purchase Order can get back to the Verified status if and only if all the Related Documents that are issued against the Purchase Order are cancelled.
In case products against the Purchase Order are initially received with a Goods Inbound document then, the Invoiced Quantity will be less than the Received Quantity. Such a case arises when you purchase items on consignment (receive items now, get invoiced later). In such a case, the Invoice option of the Purchase Order may be clicked to bring up a dialog window where the Quantity to Invoice may be set. If the Received quantity equals the Ordered quantity but the Quantity to Invoice is less than the Received quantity then the Purchase Order will get a Partially Invoiced status.
If the Quantity to Invoice equals both the Received quantity and the Ordered quantity, then, the Purchase Order will get a Fully Invoiced status.
Note: If the item being received is serialized (ie is associated with a serial number) it is necessary to add the serial numbers being received. It is possible to add the serial numbers in bulk by means of a typical barcode scanner.
To conclude all the actions related to the Purchase Order, the user may mark it as Closed. This action makes all the Purchase Order fields non-editable and is the final step in the workflow of the Purchase Order.
- Closing a Purchase Order is an irreversible action
- The user may close the Purchase Order at any time, even if the Ordered Quantity does not match the Received Quantity.
- Closing a Purchase Order automatically closes any non-closed Related Documents (receiving or invoicing documents) that were issued against the Purchase Order.
Or login to your account.