Serial numbers and serialized inventory is fully supported.
This is a feature one needs to activate before it can be used. This is possible by navigating to Settings > Account Setup and checking the 'Enable Serial Numbers' box.
The Serial Numbers module allows you to require a Serial number for some Products. For better error handling, one can also define the Serial Number length for each product:
When you receive/ship units of a serialized product, you need to add their serial numbers, which can also be done by a barcode scanner. The number of serial numbers must match the quantity you are receiving:
It is then possible to trace each serial number in your company through the Serial Number module, under the Products section:
Take a look in the following articles to learn more about using serial numbers in Megaventory:
- Enable serial numbers
- Add serial numbers to products in stock
- Add serial numbers to a finished good
- Delete/Edit serial numbers
- Add serial numbers when purchasing goods
- Manufacture with serial numbers
- Selling serialized goods
- Track the status of your serialized goods
- Track serial numbers in manufacturing
- Get reports of serial numbers