A Product Category groups similar products together and allows for easier and more structured report capabilities
To add a new product category from the Product Categories module (Products and Services > View Product Categories), the Add option should be clicked. To update an existing product category, the Category Name of the respective product category should be clicked.
- This module is also accessible by the ProductCategoryGet API function. For more, visit the Megaventory API layer.
Adding a new product category to the account requires -at minimum- the setting of the compulsory fields of the Category Name.
- This module is also accessible by the ProductCategoryUpdate API function. For more, visit the Megaventory API layer.
- Product Categories may also be added through the Data Import module. [SEE DATA IMPORT IN MEGAVENTORY]
To Delete a product category -that has been assigned to one or more products- allows all products that are assigned under this product category to be left without a product category.
You cannot create a new category with the same name as the deleted one, but you can restore a deleted category:
- Click on Show Deleted Product Categories:
2. Select the Product Category you want to restore and click on Un-delete:
- This module is also accessible by the ProductCategoryUnDelete API function. For more, visit the Megaventory API layer.