It is possible to merge two or more clients (or suppliers) into a single entity. The need for merging two entities in Megaventory emerges when these entities have been created by mistake in the system with a slightly different name in two different points in time. For example:
John Smith, Co
John Smith & Co
may refer to the same business entity. In such a case, merging those entities is the suggested action.
To start, click the menu and select either Suppliers > View Suppliers or Clients > View Clients.
Once the list loads, you must click the Merge button above the grid.
Clicking on Merge brings a pop-up window where you may select which merge method you want to follow.
The first method is Merge Suppliers/Clients via import. Clicking this button a new page loads where you can download the excel file. In this excel file there are two columns:
The first one is for the Suppliers/Clients you want to merge into another Supplier/Client.
The second one is for the Final Supplier/Client.
An example is given in this picture:
If you click Select from list the next step is to select which Suppliers you want to merge into one Supplier from the dropdown that appears.
Once you have selected the Suppliers you want to merge the final step is to select the Final Supplier
Click at Merge to complete the process.
- If one of the fields is empty and the other isn't, then the non-empty is preserved. For example, if the Phone field exists in the non-selected entity and does not exist in the selected entity, the Phone field of the non-selected entity will be copied to the selected entity.
- Apart from the client details all associated documents (orders and invoices) are also merged. This is a process which is not reversible!
- Contacts are also merged into the new entity. If a contact has the same name or other feature, no overwrite takes place. In case a contact is common among the merged entities both contacts will remain.
- It is possible to merge a client with another client that is also a supplier. In such a case, the remaining entity will be a client and a supplier.
- Merging is an irreversible action and past orders/invoices are affected. For that matter, only administrators have access to this feature.