Make sure you are Tracking locations in Quickbooks. To check or activate this
- Click at the Gear Icon
- Click at Advanced
- Scroll down to Categories and click Edit
- Check the box next to Track locations and choose Department as the Location Label.
- Click Save.
The QuickBooks – Megaventory integration connects the Megaventory entities Inventory Locations and the QuickBooks Locations.
When the user creates an inventory location in Megaventory, automatically a location with the same name is created in QuickBooks and vice-versa. Moreover, in case of a delete of an entity, there is an update and the changes pass to the other system.
Keep in mind that QuickBooks uses locations only in Documents and does not track inventory stock levels separately for each location.
Due to limitations in the QuickBooks API, it is not possible to sync the addresses of inventory locations between the two platforms. If you have locations in Megaventory and sync with QuickBooks, you will have to manually enter the addresses in QuickBooks if you want them to appear when you print documents such as Bills, Invoices etc. Similarly, if you have locations in QuickBooks and sync with Megaventory you will have to manually enter the locations’ addresses in Megaventory.
- The field abbreviation is mandatory in Megaventory. When a Location is created in QuickBooks, the abbreviation field in Megaventory will automatically be filled with the full name’s first five letters.
- To enter the address of a location in QuickBooks: Enable the option “the location has a different address where customers contact me or send payments” and enter the address in the provided field.
- If you have QuickBooks Simple Start: The entity locations are available only in the QuickBooks Online Plus. Megaventory provides this feature in all of the three packages. In this case the entity inventory location will exist only in Megaventory and nothing will be copied in QuickBooks.
- If you have QuickBooks Essentials: The entity locations are available only in the QuickBooks Online Plus. Megaventory provides this feature in all of the three packages. In this case the entity inventory location will exist only in Megaventory and nothing will be copied in QuickBooks.