The QuickBooks – Megaventory integration connects the Megaventory Products and the QuickBooks Products/Items and Services.
When the user creates a product in Megaventory, automatically a QuickBooks item of type Inventory with the same information is created in QuickBooks and vice-versa. In case of an edit, or a delete of an entity, there is an update and the changes pass to the other system.
When the user creates a product in Megaventory, the field sku will be copied as both the item name and sku in QuickBooks. When the user creates a product in QuickBooks, the field name will be copied as the product sku in Megaventory.
When a product/item is created in Megaventory
In the product that will be then automatically created in QuickBooks:
- Option “I track quantity on hand for this product. This enables inventory cost accounting” will automatically be ticked and the initial quantity on hand will be set to zero.
- Option ‘is taxable’ in QuickBooks is by default ticked, as in Megaventory there is always the ability of adding a tax in a product.
- The type of the item in QuickBooks Online is "Inventory" when the product is created in Megaventory as a) "Buy From Supplier", b) "Manufacture from Work Order" and c) "Buy from Supplier or Manufacture from Work Order". When the product is created in Megaventory as "Service", then, the item created in Quickbooks online will also be "service".
- Updating a product of type "Buy from Supplier" to "Service" is feasible in Megaventory under certain circumstances. However, in Quickbooks this is not feasible and thus results in an error being raised during the sync process.
When a product is created in QuickBooks
In order for the user to create an inventory product/item in QuickBooks which will be copied in Megaventory, the initial quantity on hand should be set to zero. Otherwise, inconsistencies may appear between inventory stock levels in Megaventory and QuickBooks.
You should never manually adjust item quantities for the inventory items in QuickBooks. Due to the fact that QuickBooks does not track inventory stock levels per location, it will be impossible to sync those changes back to Megaventory. The stock is updated only from Megaventory to QuickBooks. Any change in the quantity on hand in QuickBooks will not pass to Megaventory.
- One-way sync of Description fields: The fields of QuickBooks that do not exist in Megaventory will not be transferred to QuickBooks and vice versa.