The Goods Transfer document ships Products from one inventory location to another inventory location. This internal operation does not involve a client or a supplier. Adding a Goods Transfer document can only be done directly from the Goods Transfer module.
Adding the Goods Transfer document to the account requires -at minimum- the insertion of at least one Product row in the Product Details form. The rest of the document header fields (such as the Document Comments or Document Tags) and the document tabs (for example the Product Details tab) are similar to those described in the Sales Order document.
To create a new Goods Out document, click on the Goods Out button on the INVENTORY dashboard:
This will open a new Goods Transfer document:
The document can then be either saved as Pending (draft) or Verified. In case the document is saved as Pending it will be assigned a temporary id of the form “--“ and will not have any effect (no quantity changes) in the account other than that it remains saved for future work or for review (since the rows under the Product Details tab remains open for editing).
Adding a Goods Transfer document
When the products are physically shipped, the user should click the Verify (ship) option and select the Inventory Location where products are shipped from. This action will reduce the quantities of the products included in the Goods Transfer document from the shipping inventory location.
Shipping Products in a Goods Transfer document
In such a state (Verified Shipped), the products have been shipped but not received in the receiving inventory location. This quantity is added to the virtual ‘In-Transit’ inventory location. The product availability of the ‘In-Transit’ inventory location can be seen in the Availability Levels report.
When products are physically received in the receiving inventory location, the user should click the Verify (Receive) option of the Goods Transfer document and choose the receiving inventory location. This action reduces the quantity from the virtual ‘In-Transit’ inventory location and increases the quantity in the receiving inventory location.
- A Verified Goods Transfer document cannot be reverted to Pending.
- A Verified Goods Transfer document cannot be deleted.
- A Verified Goods Transfer document can be cancelled. This option lies under the extended options (under the More button) of the document.
- Verifying a Goods Transfer document is an irreversible action. Correcting a mistake in the Product Details form (for example a wrong Product quantity) can only be achieved by cancelling (voiding) the whole document and adding it again in the account. The action of cancelling a Goods Transfer document reverts all the quantity effects that were applied when the document was Verified (Shipped or Received). The cancelled Goods Transfer document will remain in the list and will retain its number.
Once saved as Pending or Verified Shipped or Verified Received, the document can be printed or emailed by clicking the respective print/email icons at the header of the Goods Transfer document. More printing/emailing options include printing a Picking Slip, a Packing Slip and a Delivery Slip. The Picking and Packing Slips do not include the inventory location names. The Delivery Slip includes the inventory location names.
Print/Email options of the Goods Transfer document
The extended options for the Goods Transfer document remain under the More button. For a description of these functions [see Extended Options].
To conclude, all the actions related to the Goods Transfer document, the user may mark it as Closed. A closed document cannot be cancelled and its header fields become non-editable.
- Closing a Goods Transfer document is an irreversible action.